- To provide Students in healthcare settings with the training and practical skills required to lift and move patients safely.
- Relevant Legislation.
- Risk Assessment.
- Anatomy and physiology of the spine.
- Biomechanics of manual handling.
- Common causes of back injury.
- Common exercises for everyday use.
- Care of the back in everyday life.
- Risks specific to patient handling,
- Safe Patient Handling Techniques
- Practical Demonstrations and Skills.
- Use of common lifting and moving equipment
- 1 day
Course Fee: €80