Occupational First Aid Refresher (OFA-R). Â
Any learner wishing to attend a 1-day refresher course must be able to produce both of the following:
- Pro-forma letter or certificate of attendance from previous OFA instructor which confirms date of training/renewal date.
- QQI (FETAC) certificate for OFA Level 5 or Transcript of Awards/Records of Awards from QQI (FETAC) showing that the learner has achieved an award for OFA Level 5.
You can contact OFAAA to verify any of the above information if the learner is unable to produce evidence of training.
Learners will have to apply directly to QQI (FETAC) for a â€œRecord of Awardsâ€ if OFAAA are unable to verify previous QQI (FETAC) certification. These can be found at http://www.fetac.ie/fetac/learners/faq/faq.htm#q12
Learners cannot attend a 1-day refresher if you or OFAAA are unable to confirm/verify previous OFA training and QQI (FETAC) certification.
Learners must attend a 1-day refresher within 2 years and 90 days of attending their previous OFA course. There are no exceptions. Learners who are out of date by over 2 years and 91 days must attend a 3-day course.
This 1-Day course is designed to renew the certification of those who have already completed the Occupational First Aid course.Â The learner outcomes covered throughout the day are:
- Patient Assessment
- Respiratory Assessment
- Altered Levels of Consciousness
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Burns & Scalds
- Electric Shock
Also covered are any developments in occupational first aid practices, changes in legislation and relevant guidelines.
Students who successfully complete this course will:
- Understand the responsibilities of the occupational first aider.
- Be able to provide treatment for the purpose of preserving life orÂ minimising the consequences of injury until discharge or theÂ arrival of medical assistance.
- Be able to provide treatment in the workplace for an injuryÂ which does not require the attention of a medical practitioner orÂ nurse.Â
- Be capable of coordinating First Aid arrangements in theÂ workplace.
- Be familiar with Health and Safety Legislation on First AidÂ provision in the workplace
Â Course Fees:Â â‚¬80. Group discounts are available.Â See below for contact details.