Course Aim: To provide students with the basic techniques of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and the relief of choking for adults, children and infants.
Course Structure: The course is run over a 4.5 hour duration and utilises the very latest technology to maximise student learning. The emphasis is on maximum practical skills training.
Course Content Overview:
- Early warning signs of Heart Attack
- Patient Care Reporting
- Basic principles of medication administration.
- Recognition of Sudden Cardiac Death.
- The Chain of Survival
- Safe use of the Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Adult -Child & Infant.
- Recognition of Stroke
- FAST assessment of stroke patients.
- Choking (Foreign Body Airway Obstruction) Adult Child & Infant.
- Examination by skills assessment.
Course Tutors: Instructors delivering the course are AHA/IHF registered and are all practicing PHECC Practitioners with many years experience in delivering APR/AED training.
Course fee: €60 per student.
Certification: Successful students are issued with an IHF/AHA card, which is valid for two years.
How to apply: For further information please e-mail email@example.com or phone (01) 4 966 933 or click Book a Course.