Company Application Process
Thank you for taking an interest in joining Medicall Ambulance.
With a staff of over 150 Practitioners and bases all across the Country, we are always on the look-out for outstanding individuals at all Pre-Hospital Practitioner Levels.
We are currently seeking to build up a bank of applicants for future recruitment campaigns. You can express an interest in joining this bank of applicants by completing our online application process.
We can promise you an interesting and challenging time with us.
Do you think you can meet our expectations?
What we expect of you:
- You must have, at minimum, a full Class B driver’s licence with no endorsements and you must have held that licence for a minimum of 2 years.
- You must be a minimum of 25 years of age at your last birthday for motor insurance purposes.
- You should be prepared to be involved in heavy lifting and moving of patients, their personal belongings and medical equipment.
- The demand for Relief Staff is unpredictable by its nature. If you are normally not available for long periods during the working week, or are tied to strict working hours, then you might need to reconsider your application at this stage. We have minimal demand for staff at week-ends. We ask Relief Staff to commit to two shifts, on average, per month if requested.
- Full/Part-Time staff work a 40 hour week either in 10 hour X 4 day shifts or 8 hour X 5 day shifts depending upon their Base.
- Part-time staff wishing to work shorter hours can be facilitated.
- Overtime, Sundays & Bank Holidays are paid at premium rates. Night shifts are optional.
- You may be required to drive considerable distances over the course of a shift (e.g., Dublin to Cork and back in a single shift). Any other work/driving responsibilities – including those under the European Working Time Directive – should be borne in mind when considering applying to us. Driver fatigue would obviously be of very serious concern.
- Obviously, if you are currently working for a competitor as a Practitioner in the private ambulance sector we will require you to sever all connections with that company and undertake not to work for them, or any other competitor, during your time with Medicall.
- Dispatch Staff are assigned to work on an ambulance as part of their normal roster.
What you can expect of us:
- Access to advanced pre-hospital emergency training and development opportunities that no other private ambulance service in Ireland can match.
- Pay rates and terms and conditions of employment that are the best in the sector.
- Experience that will prove invaluable as you seek to progress your career in the front line emergency services whether in Ireland or abroad.
- Progression to Emergency Services Driving Standard (Level 3) Certification.
Assessment & Selection Stages:
We would like to take you through a few important issues before you commence the application process:
This automated application you are about to complete is Stage 1 (Initial Expression of Interest) in our recruitment process.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH ANY DOCUMENTS TO THIS APPLICATION.
When vacancies arise we will contact selected candidates and invite them to Stage 2 (Assessment). This Stage is divided into 4 parts:
- An interview, consisting of a general discussion of your career to date, your suitability for employment with the company and your knowledge of the company’s activities and ambulance services generally.
- A detailed check of your knowledge of PHECC CPGs applicable to your level of registration including an OSCE Assessment.
- A driving assessment.
- Validation of all Certifications, PHECC Registration, Garda Vetting Process and Reference Check.
If you are successful at Stage 2, you will be invited to Stage 3 (Induction Programme) which will be run at our Headquarters in Dublin.
Stage 4 (Probation) consists of a number of days on one of our ambulances, practising under supervision, followed by an ongoing assessment of your suitability for the position over a period of 11 months from the date you commence employment with us either in a permanent or casual / relief capacity.
You will normally be assigned to the base nearest to you by road.
Let’s get started:
The online application process can be commenced by clicking on the various links directly below (please ensure that you read the "Before you start" notes below prior to clicking on the links):
Before you start, please note:
- You are not required to produce any documentation for this element of our selection process. You are simply expressing an interest in applying to us as, and when, a vacancy occurs near you.
- You will need to create an account on our Traumasoft platform in order to complete the application form.
- Once you have created an account, you will be brought to the "Personal Details" page. You can enter/update your details there.
- You should then click on the "Application" button on the top left of the menu line, which will bring you to the application form.
- The application form will need to be completed in one sitting - if you leave the page, refresh it or lose your internet connection, you will have to start the application form again from the beginning.