First Aid Response Recertification (FARR).
This 2-day course leads to a renewed PHECC First Aid Responder certificate. The course is designed to refresh the learner’s knowledge, practical skills and understanding of providing first aid to an injured or ill person and also to coordinate First Aid in the workplace in compliance with the requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007.
You must hold an in-date PHECC FAR certificate in order to gain entry to the recertification course.
Students who successfully complete this course will:
- Understand the responsibilities of the first aid responder.
- Be able to provide treatment for the purpose of preserving life or minimising the consequences of injury until discharge or the arrival of medical assistance.
- Be able to provide treatment in the workplace for an injury which does not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse.
- Be capable of coordinating First Aid arrangements in the workplace.
- Be familiar with Health and Safety Legislation on First Aid provision in the workplace
Course Fees: €220. Group discounts are available. See below for contact details.